Fruity Wine Gateau
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 170 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8758 times
This combination of fruits, wine and cake is a gourmet's delight.
- Cut all the fruits into cubes. Separate out the pomegranate seeds.
- Heat the wine and sugar in a saucepan.
- Add the cinnamon and nutmeg and simmer for some time.
- Add the fruits and cook for 1 minute.
- In a small bowl, dissolve the cornflour in some water.
- Add this and simmer till the fruits are glazed.
- Remove from the fire and cool.
- Place the cake on a serving dish.
- Ladle out the sauce on the cake.
- Cut into individual portions and serve immediately.
- You can cut the cake into individual portions and ladle the sauce on each portion.
- Port wine is a sweeter than red wine, so adjust the quantity of sugar accordingly.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.