Fruity Phirni, Protein Rich Recipes
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 44 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19703 times
Fruity phirni, a variation of rice phirni - soft in texture and pleasant to taste, it poses no problems for the elderly to consume. Roasting poha brings out the taste as well as makes it easier to grind.
- Dry roasts the beaten rice in a non-stick pan till crisp, while stirring continuously. Do not allow to discolor.
- Remove from the flame, cool and grind it coarsely. Keep aside.
- Boil the milk in another non-stick pan, add the sugar and roasted beaten rice and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the cornflour and milk mixture, mix well and simmer for another 2 to 3 minutes. Cool completely and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- To serve, place ¼ cup of mixed fruits into 4 individual serving bowls and top with equal quantity of the phirni. Serve chilled.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.