Fruity Phirni ( Microwave Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 20 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12316 times
Fruity phirni combines iron-dense poha with nutritious fruits, to result in a luscious dessert you cannot refuse! avoid using citrus fruits like oranges and sweet lime; try chickoo instead.
- Place the beaten rice flakes on a flat microwave-safe plate and microwave on high for 1 minute till the beaten rice flakes are crisp.
- Remove from the microwave, cool and blend in a mixer to a coarse powder. Keep aside.
- Put the milk in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Add the beaten rice, sugar and cornflour–milk mixture, mix well and microwave on high for 2 minutes, stirring once in between after 1 minute. Keep aside to cool.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Just before serving, divide the phirni and fruits into 4 equal portions.
- Place a portion of fruits in each of the bowls and top them with a portion of phirni.
- Repeat step 7 to make 3 more servings.
- Serve chilled.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||170.4 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1 mg|
|Vitamin C||9.3 mg|
|Folic Acid||16.4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.