Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6635 times
This delicacy can also be made faraal special by using arrowroot flour instead of maize flour.
Add your private note
Fruity Firni recipe - How to make Fruity Firni
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 6 servings
- Combine 1 ltr milk and sugar in deep pan, mix well and boil till the sugar is dissolved.
- Combine ghee and corn starch in non-stick pan and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add 1 cup milk, while stirring continuously, to make a smooth paste without lumps.
- Add this paste to the milk-sugar mixture and mix well.
- Combine bananas, papaya ,chicku and 1 cup milk in a bowl, mix well and blend in a mixer to a smooth puree.
- Add this mixture to the boiled milk, mix well and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the flame and cool at room temperature.
- Divide mixture into 3 portions and add 2 drops of red colour in one portion and mix well.
- Add 2 drops of green colour in second portion and mix well.
- Add the yellow colour in third portion.
- Place the chopped mixed fruits in small serving bowl and pour 1 full spoon of each coloured firni on it.
- Garnish with dry fruits and pomegranate.
- Place one fresh chery on top.
- Serve cold.
This recipe was contributed by aaradhana on 30 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.