This recipe has been viewed 5549 times
Fruits Vadai it is dumplings made out of dals and fruits. Instead of grinding the fruits, we can add as chopped bits (finely) so that crispiness will increase. Can add deseeded chikoo and custard apple too.
- Wash and soak all the dals for 4 hours.
- Grind the soaked dals with the coconut to a thick consistency. Add little water only if required. Keep aside.
- Grind the fruits without water and mix it with the grounded dal mixture and mix well.
- Add the cardamom powder and mix well.
- Heat the oil in a pan, make small vadais from the batter and deep fry till it turns to golden brown in colour.
- Fry till golden brown.
- Combine the sugar along with 1/2 cup of water in non-stick pan and bring to a boil till it is syrup consistency.
- Soak the vadais in a sugar syrup for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from the syrup and serve.
This recipe was contributed by suprajakk on 14 Oct 2011I love to cook and after all these years have time to tryout various cuisine as i was working earlie...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.