Fruit and Nut Bread Sandwich
by Lakshmi Mani
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 4431 times
Fruit and Nut Bread Sandwich, the coconut in this sandwich filling, gives it a lovely texture and the dry fruits ensure a wonderful crunchiness. Jaggery adds sweetness and is a healthier option. Sandwich with a different but healthy filling. Carry it in your tiffin to keep your hunger pangs at bay.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of ghee in a deep frying pan and fry the raisins, cashew nuts and almonds
- Remove only the nuts and keep them aside.
- In the same pan add coconut and jaggery and keep mixing them. Cook till the jaggery has melted , add the cardamom powder and cook till the mixture starts leaving the sides of the pan.
- Remove from the flame add fried nuts and tutty fruity.
- Allow this to cool
- Smear little ghee on tava.
- Cut the edges of the brown bread and toast 2 pieces on the tava.
- Once they are half toasted spread the mixture on one of them and close with another piece. Add little ghee and toast them both sides until they turn slightly crisp
- Once they are done cut them diagonally so the colourful tutti fruity stuffing can be seen.
- Wrap them in aluminium foil and pack them for lunch box.
This recipe was contributed by Lakshmi Mani on 27 Jun 2015
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.