Fruit and Chocolate Gateau
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 618 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 29490 times
Chocolate cake interlaced with seasonal fruits and chantilly cream makes a sumptuous dessert.
- Combine the cream, sugar and vanilla essence in a clean and dry bowl and whisk till soft peaks form.
- Keep refrigerated till required.
- Slice the chocolate cake horizontally into 3 equal parts.
- Soak the bottom layer of the chocolate cake with the soaking syrup.
- Spread 1/3 of the chantilly cream on the soaked layer of the cake.
- Place 1/2 cup of fruit on top and sandwich with the second layer of the chocolate cake.
- Soak with the soaking syrup and spread 1/3 of the chantilly cream on the soaked layer of the cake.
- Top with 1/2 cup of the fruit and sandwich with third layer of the chocolate cake.
- Soak with the remaining soaking syurp and spread the remaining chantilly cream on top.
- Garnish with the remaining fruit and chocolate curls and refrigerate.
- Serve chilled.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.