Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2623 times
An energy dense and nutrient rich snacking option, Fruit snacks are best for pregnant women and growing children. The dried fruits like dates, raisins and almonds are mixed with apricots and then made into a dough. This dough log is cut into slices and enjoyed as snack chilled anytime of the day.
- Put all the dried fruit through a fine mincer.
- Place fruit and ground almonds into a bowl and work together to make a very firm mouldable mixture.
- Roll mixture into a log about 2-3cm in diameter and cut with a sharp knife into 20 rounds.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds onto paper towel and press each slice onto seeds.
- Chill until firm.
- Keep well in an air-tight container.
This recipe was contributed by setseeani on 22 May 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.