Fruit Salsa- Speckled Sweet Pizza Pie
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3974 times
# u sure are going to enjoy it!!!!!!!
# this combination of fresh fruits and cheese on pizza crust is a wonderful way to start a party nicely.
# can serve it as a snack or as a dessert....
# keep the warm water at 105-115 degrees for the pizza dough.
# additional garnishes may include chocolate sauce and lightly whipped sweetened cream!!!!!!
# after all experimenting with diff cosines and flavours is exciting sometimes!!isn't it..
Add your private note
Fruit Salsa- Speckled Sweet Pizza Pie recipe - How to make Fruit Salsa- Speckled Sweet Pizza Pie
Preparation Time: 40 MIN Cooking Time: 10 MIN Total Time:
- Mix yeast,warm water and honey properly with a woodden spatula in a mixing bowl.
- Cover with a plastic wrraper and let it rest for about 10-15 min.
- Put the tomatoes with vinegar and sugar in blender and make a puree consistency.
- Set it aside.
- Mix all the finely chopped fruits together in a bowl and let it refrigerate.
- Now in the yeast mixture,add flour,salt,oil,and additional 5 tbsp of water and knead properly for 10 min.
- Add a little more flour if neccesary.
- Transfer it to a lightly oiled bowl and turn the dough so that it is coated with oil.
- Cover with plastic wrapper and let the dough rise in a warm place for 1-1/2 hrs.
- Check the dough again and re-cover and let it rise for another 30 min.
- Preheat the oven to 500 f.
- On a floured surface ,roll out the dough into a 12-inch circle and put on baking (pizza)dish that has been lightly sprinkled with cornmeal.
- Brush the edges of the crust with warm honey and spoon the tomato puree over the top of the pizza except for the edges.
- Bake for 8 min.
- Remove the pizza and sprinkle the fruit salsa topping and the mint leaves over the tomato puree.
- Put the ricotta cheese or mascapone cheese in small spoonfuls over the pizza and put it again in the oven for 1-2 min .
- Remove the pizza from the oven and let it rest for 1-2 min to set.
- Cut into slices or wedges and serve.
This recipe was contributed by dnemana on 29 Oct 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.