Fruit Icecream Delight
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8336 times
1) the basic ice-cream has been used as a base from which you can change the flavours, textures, and the tastes to a large extent, without much effort.
2) always use full cream milk, for my ice creams since I do not add eggs, the richness of this milk is required to give a smooth taste to the ice-cream.
- Bring milk to a boil. boil for 15 minutes on low, stirring occasionally.
- Mix cornflour in 1/2 cup cold milk, keep aside.
- Add sugar to milk, stir. add cornflour paste, stirring continuously, till boil resumes.
- Boil for a further 4-5 minutes, take off fire.
- Sprinkle gelatine over 3 tbsp. water in a small pan.
- Allow to soak for 5 minutes. warm over gentle heat, till dissolved.
- Do not bring it to a boil.
- When boiled milk cools a little, add gelatine solution and mix well.
- Cool to room temperature, freeze in covered tray, till set but not hard.
- Break into pieces, beat with an egg beater till soft.
- Add cream and essence, mix well.
- The texture should be light and creamy.
- Reset in the freezer till frozen.
- Use a balloon glass (with/without stem) for best result.
- Toss the chopped fruit and cake together.
- Place at bottom of glass. pour the orange juice over it.
- Place the icecream scoops over the fruit.
- Pour sauce over scoops.
- Cut wafer into 4 small triangles.
- Poke into top of scoop to form a fan shape.
This recipe was contributed by poo_escasy2003 on 29 Mar 2006
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.