Fruit Fritters ( Eggless Desserts Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 246 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 17400 times
Fruit fritters can be served as a dessert, or even as an interesting finger food. It is easy to make, so go ahead and have it any time you want; there are no hard and fast rules! delicious apples, bananas and pineapples are dipped in a batter and deep-fried till golden crisp. They are then rolled in powdered sugar and cinnamon powder to make a delicious, sweet fruit dessert. Serve them immediately on preparation.
- Combine the plain flour, cornflour, baking powder and salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the milk and 1½ cups of water gradually to the flour mixture to make a smooth batter of coating consistency. Keep aside for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Combine the plain flour and cinnamon powder in a small bowl and mix well.
- Sprinkle it over the fruit pieces and toss gently.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, dip a few fruit pieces in the batter at a time and deep-fry in oil till they turn golden brown in colour and crisp from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar and cinnamon powder over them and serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.