Fried Potatoes in Ginger Mushroom Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 301 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22937 times
A too-yummy-to-describe creation from the Thai repertoire, Fried Potatoes in Ginger Mushroom Sauce features crisp potato wedges tossed in a saucy base made of pungent ingredients like ginger and garlic together with succulent mushrooms and crunchy veggies.
The vegetables that go in, like onions and capsicum, also do more than add volume to the sauce. They all have distinct flavours, which reflect in the dish. Make sure you serve the Fried Potatoes in Ginger Mushroom Sauce as soon as it is prepared, in order to enjoy the crunch of the veggies and the crispness of the potato wedges.
- Heat the oil for deep-frying in a deep non-stick pan, and deep-fry the potatoes on medium flame till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Combine the cornflour and ¾ cup of water in a deep bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the ginger, garlic and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the mushrooms and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the soy sauce, cornflour- water mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Add the deep-fried potatoes, toss gently and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.