Fried Karela Boat
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 11883 times
An innovative and great looking vegetable recipe, fried karela boat are made from long slender bitter gourds or karelas which are slit open and then stuffed with a spicy mixture. These karela boats are then shallow fried and served hot as side dish with rotis.
- Split the karelas on one side and remove the seeds.
- Boil the whole karelas in salted water and turmeric powder till they are half cooked.
- Drain the excess water and keep aside.
- Grind the roasted split gram with green chillies with very little water.
- Transfer in a bowl and add the coriander, coriander seeds powder, salt and garam masala and mix well.
- Stuff this mixture into the karelas and tie with a thin thread to hold the filling.
- Heat the oil in a shallow pan and fry the karelas on a slow flame, turning the karelas carefully till they turn golden brown.
- Serve with tomato sauce.
This recipe was contributed by sukhan96 on 30 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.