Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4703 times
Fried dal is an interesting dal recipe with the tuar dal cooked in a sweet and spicy taste. The jaggery adds to the sweetness of the preparation while the tamarind juice and chillies perk up the tanginess and spice quotient. Enjoy the fried dal or dal fry with roti or rice.
- Pressure cook the dal and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, add the onions and saute till they turn golden brown in colour.
- Add the turmeric ,dal, tamarind water and jaggery, mix well and bring it to boil.
- Add grounded masala powder and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander leaves.
This recipe was contributed by mangala-rao on 29 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.