Fried Bean Curd with Hot and Sweet Dip
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 55 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 20442 times
A simple yet fancy finger food that fits a lazy Saturday afternoon just as well as a party for adults, fried bean curd with hot and sweet dip can be prepared quite easily by anybody.
Use your creativity to make this in varied shapes, and serve with other dips or sauces too!
- Combine the sugar, vinegar, salt, chilli flakes and ¼ cup of water in a broad non-stick pan and cook on a medium flame for 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside to cool completely.
- Roll the tofu cubes in the cornflour till they are evenly coated from all the sides.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai and deep-fry a few pieces on a medium flame till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Serve immediately with the hot and sweet dip.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.