by Tarla Dalal
Added to 67 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15006 times
This is a quick version of the traditional Lebanese sweet, which is made with layers of phylo pastry and dry fruits. Traditionally this is a baked dessert but I have made a deep-fried version that is just as delicious.
- Make a thick paste of cornflour and water. Keep aside.
- Cut each samosa patti into 3 to get 75 mm x 62 mm (3" x 2½ ") rectangles.
- Mix all the ingredients for the filling together and divide into 6 portions.
- Place the filling on one rectangle taking care to leave the sides clean.
- Place another piece of samosa patti on top and seal the edges using the cornflour mixture.
- Repeat with other rectangles to make 5 more baklavas.
- Deep fry in hot oil until golden in colour. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Drizzle with honey and serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.