Fresh Tomato Purée
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 17 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 18638 times
The recipes in this book are all based on the following home-made purée recipe, and using commercially available purée may require you to tweak the recipes a little according to the purée concentration. To store it, just pour it into ice-cube trays, freeze, pop out, and store in the freezer in an air-tight plastic freezer box or ziploc bag. This will stay nice and fresh for up to two months, waiting to be added to your yummy gravies!
- Scoop out and discard the eyes of the tomatoes using the tip of the sharp
- Boil a vesselful of water, add the tomatoes and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove and immerse them in cold water for some time.
- When the tomatoes are cool, peel and discard the skin.
- Chop roughly and blend in a mixer to a smooth purée. Use as required.
Nutrient values per tbsp
|Vitamin A||56.2 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||4.3 mg|
|Folic Acid||4.8 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.