Fresh Fruit and Almond Pizza
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 338 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15167 times
Here is a fruity-nutty dessert in the form of an exciting pizza! In this innovative creation, a base of crushed almonds is topped with a creamy curd-based sauce and juicy fruits.
Allowed to set in the refrigerator for sometime, you get a delicious Fresh Fruit and Almond Pizza, which is ideal to serve as a dessert at parties.
Kids especially will be thrilled to find a dessert disguised as a pizza! You can even serve this to them as a yummy after-school surprise snack.
- Combine the plain flour, almonds and baking powder in a deep bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Combine the sugar and butter in a deep bowl and mix well using a spoon till smooth.
- Add the plain flour-almond mixture and milk, mix well and knead into a soft dough without using any water.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal portions.
- Take a portion of the dough and press into a 150 mm. (6") diameter greased loose bottom pie dish.
- Prick it using a fork at regular intervals.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (350°f) for 15 minutes or till golden brown in colour.
- Allow it to cool completely and demould it.
- Repeat steps 5 to 8 to make one more almond base. Keep aside.
- Place a almond base on a serving plate and spread half of the prepared sauce evenly over it.
- Arrange 1 cup of mixed fruits evenly over it and sprinkle 1 tbsp of brown sugar evenly over it.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 to make 1 more pizza.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour and cut into equal wedges.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per pizza
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.