Fresh Corn Upma
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 4524 times
Regular Upma with corn twist.
Can be served as breakfast or as an evening tea snack.
Add your private note
Fresh Corn Upma recipe - How to make Fresh Corn Upma
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 serving
- heat 1 tsp oil in a non-stick pan and on medium flame dry roast semolina till fragrant and well roasted.Invert into flat thali and leave aside to cool.
- Heat the oil in the same pan,add mustard seeds and when they splutter,add chana dal and urad dal.
- Saute for a minute,add chopped curry leaves and chopped onions.
- Saute a bit till onions change its color,add grated ginger and chillies stir fry for a second.
- Add salt and the coarsely crushed corn and mix well for a minute.Remove from the flame.
- Add boiling water and lemon juice and mix.And slowly add in the roasted semolina and grated coconut and stir in to mix.
- Switch on the stove to high flame for 2 minutes.
- Then lower the flame and cover the pan and let it cook on very slow flame for 5 minutes.
- Switch off the flame and let it rest without opening the lid.
- After 5 minutes uncover and stir once.
- Serve hot garnished with chopped cilantro and sugar sprinkled on top.
This recipe was contributed by MOONBEAMS on 06 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.