French Toast Topped with Cheese Onion and Parsley
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 14 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2379 times
French toast is made of bread soaked in a mixture of eggs and milk, which gives it a rich taste and special texture. It is also known as eggy bread, Bombay toast, gypsy toast, and other names.
The toast can be embellished with sweet or savoury toppings, and served as a special breakfast .
This is a delectable savoury rendition of French Toast Topped with Cheese, Onion and Parsley. You must prepare the topping mixture only just in time, as it gets lumpy when it gets cold.
Make sure you serve the toast immediately after preparing in order to enjoy the dynamic flavour and cheesy taste of the toppings.
Try other egg based recipes like Scrambled Eggs and Waffles .
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 5 minutes.
- Add the parsley, cheese, chilli flakes, salt and pepper powder and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes. Keep aside.
- Combine the eggs, milk, dried mixed herbs, salt and pepper powder in a deep bowl, mix well using a whisk. Keep aside.
- Heat 1 tsp of butter on a non-stick tava (griddle). Dip 2 slices of bread at a time in the prepared egg mixture and place it on a tava and cook on medium flame till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat step 2 to make 4 more french toasts in 2 more batches.
- Place 2 french toast on a clean, dry surface, put 1 tbsp of the cheese, onion and parsley mixture on each french toasts.
- Repeat step 1 to top 4 more french toasts.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per french toast
|Vitamin A||314.2 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||2.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||16.4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.