French Toast Cheddar Sandwiches
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9050 times
An amazing breakfast or snack recipe, the delicious egg based French toast cheddar sandwiches are a great source of proteins and enegry. The bread slices are buttered, topped with cheddar cheese slices and then dipped in an egg mixture . These French toast are then shallow fried till brown and enjoyed with ketchup.
- Beat 2 eggs slightly in a shallow bowl and add milk and salt; set aside.
- Spread 8 slices of white bread out on a working surface. spread one side of four slices lightly with prepared mustard.
- Place cheddar cheese slices on 4 slices.
- Butter the remaining four slices of bread with 4 teaspoons butter and place on top of the other bread, butter side down.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a skillet and carefully dip each sandwich into the egg mixture, coating both sides. allow the excess egg mixture to drain. cook over low heat until browned. turn and brown the other side.
- Serve with any dip, tomato sauce, green chutney etc.
This recipe was contributed by setseeani on 22 May 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.