French Onion Soup ( Quick Soup Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 116 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 29543 times
A wonderful appetizer to begin an evening sit-down dinner. Onions are caramelized and cooked with spice and salt and water into a fragrant broth, and poured into bowls that have buttered toast. Molten sizzling cheese adds a dramatic finish that your guests will enjoy and appreciate!
- Heat the butter in a pan and fry the onions on a very slow flame until brown in colour.
- Add 5 cups of water, 3 tbsp of the grated cheese , and salt and boil for a few minutes.
- Toast the bread slices in an oven at 150°c (300°f) or in a toaster till golden brown.
- Butter lightly and sprinkle a little cheese on top. Cut each toast into 3 equal pieces.
- Pour the soup into individual soup bowls, put a piece of toast in each bowl and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top of the toast.
- Place below a hot grill, approximately 200°c (400°f) for a few minutes until the cheese starts sizzling.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||148.5 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||1.1 mg|
|Folic Acid||0.6 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.