French Beans with Coconut
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 112 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 31388 times
French beans with coconut is an easy but exciting vegetable preparation that goes very well with rotis. You will love the crunch and the aroma of the roasted grated coconut garnish and roasted sesame seeds. The thoughtful garnishing makes even common ingredients like french beans, tomatoes and onions seem special!
- Boil a vesselful of water, add the soda bi-carb and the french beans and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes or till the french beans are soft, while stirring occasionally. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt and 1 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the french beans, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with coconut and sesame seeds.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.