Foxtail Millet Appe
by Jyoti V B
This recipe has been viewed 973 times
This recipe is a very easy one! It is a healthy breakfast recipe which is diabetic-friendly. The combination of coriander, green chillies and mint with the fenugreek seeds and the batter makes a delectable dish! It can be enjoyed at any time of the day with chutney or ketchup.
Add your private note
Foxtail Millet Appe recipe - How to make Foxtail Millet Appe
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 5 serving
- Soak the foxtail millet, black lentils and fenugreek seeds for 4 to 5 hrs. Grind them to a fine paste and keep covered till fermented.
- Coarsely grind the green chillies, coriander and mint leaves and mix it with the batter.
- Add salt and mix well.
- Grease an appe mould with ¼ tsp of oil and put 1 tbsp of the batter into each of the 7 appe moulds.
- Cook using ½ tsp of oil till the lower surface becomes golden brown in colour, then turn each appam upside down using a fork and cook them till they turn golden brown in colour from the other side.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 to make more. Serve immediately.
This recipe was contributed by Jyoti V B on 08 Feb 2018
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.