Floating rice balls - suthriyaa
by Antony Innocent
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 1201 times
This dish can also be refrigerated and served cold as a dessert.
put the rice balls into the jaggery solution only after it starts boiling or else the rice balls would dissolve.
Add your private note
Floating rice balls - suthriyaa recipe - How to make Floating rice balls - suthriyaa
Cooking Time: Total Time:
100 grams Rice Flour
100 grams Gur (Jaggery)
50 grams Chana Dal
2 tbsp Ghee
1 tsp Saunf - roasted and powdered
1" Stick Cinnamon
2 tbsp Cashews
2 tbsp Grated Coconut
A pinch of Salt
- Pressure cook chana dal till they are almost done. keep aside.
- Meanwhile have the jaggery dissolved in 2 cups of water.
- Fry the rice flour for a minute.
- Make a thin batter of the rice flour using enough water. you can add a pinch of salt to it.
- Cook the batter in a kadai till it becomes thick and resembles a dough.
- Take some dough (say a lemon size ball) and keep it separate.
- Knead the remaining dough well and make small balls out of it. it can be in the size of small marbles.
- Now in a big vessel heat ghee and fry the cashews and keep it separate.
- In the same ghee, fry the clove and cinnamon.
- When they plutter, add the jaggery solution, boiled dal and allow it to boil.
- When the liquid is boiling add the rice flour balls to it in batches.
- When the balls are almost cooked, dissolve the lemon size rice flour dough in little water and add the paste to the boiling dish.
- Now add the saunf powder, cashews and the grated coconut.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Antony Innocent on 21 Apr 2008
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.