by Jyoti V B
This recipe has been viewed 2141 times
This is a delicious innovation with dosa.The flavour of mint, spring onion, coriander, capsicum, basil and chillies adds a spicy and tasty flavour to the dosa. Tastes best when served with potato curry.
- Wash and soak the par-boiled rice, urad dal, fenugreek seeds and beaten rice flakes and enough water in a deep bowl and mix well. Cover with a lid and keep aside to soak for 8 to 10 hours.
- Drain and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste, using water.Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl.
- Cover with a lid and keep aside to ferment in a warm place for 8 to 10 hours.
- Blend the green chillies, spring onions , coriander, mint leaves, basil and capsicum in a mixer.
- Add this paste and salt to the batter and mix well.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), sprinkle a little water on the tava (griddle) and wipe it off gently using a muslin cloth.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter on it and spread it in a circular motion to make a thin circle.
- Smear a little oil over it and along the edges and cook on a medium flame till the dosa turns golden brown in colour and crisp.
- Fold over to make a semi-circle or a roll.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make more dosas.
- Serve immediately with potato curry or coconut chutney.
This recipe was contributed by Jyoti V B on 25 Jun 2016
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.