by Tarla Dalal
Added to 46 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6929 times
Fresh pineapple slices grilled with butter, cinnamon and brown sugar. Flambé them with brandy or rum if you like. It definitely adds more life to this dessert.
- Combine the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl and cream the mixture till it is soft.
- Using a knife spread an even layer of the creamed butter mixture on both sides of each pineapple slice.
- Place them on a non-stick pan and cook till both sides are lightly browned. Remove and place on a serving plate.
- Pour the brandy in a ladle and warm it lightly. Pour over the pineapples and set it alight to flambé.
- Serve immediately with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream or a dollop of whipped cream.
- VARIATION : Flambéed Bananas
- You can also use bananas instead of pineapple to make flambéed bananas.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.