Flaky Lachha Paratha
by Nupurs UK Rasoi
Added to 10 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5159 times
Flaky and crispy lachha paratha, explained step by step. Perfect weekend breakfast, punjabi style
- Mix everything together and knead the dough with warm water.
- Keep aside, covered for about 20 minutes at least.
- Again, resting of dough is important since it helps in increasing the pliability.
- Now, take the dough almost double the size of what’s required for a chapathi and roll it as big as you can without tearing it apart.
- This should not be very thin though else it will tear off in the next step.
- Spread some oil and sprinkle the flour over the circle.
- Take a knife and very gently cut the circle lengthwise into 10-12 strips.
- Start rolling these strips in concentric circles one around another
- Once all the strips are rolled over, flatten the ball with your palms and sprinkle some more flour.
- Start rolling gently so that the strips don't fall out.
- Once its flattened out, flip it on the hot griddle and apply some oil on top.
- Flip side and apply oil on the other side.
- Cook on medium-low flame till both sides get cooked properly.
- Once cooked, take it off the griddle and tap gently between palms.
- This will bring out the flakes and layers out and you will get that crisp texture out.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Nupurs UK Rasoi on 08 Aug 2013I am a passionate Food Blogger, amateur Photographer and avid reader. I combine all my life experien...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.