Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4840 times
Falafel is a Middle East Asian bread recipe which is typically enjoyed with a chickpea based filling . A healthy and fiber rich bread recipe, falafel is best enjoyed with garlic chutney and lettuce as snack or meal.
- Soak the bean or chickpeas in water overnight. drain. ( if you use fava beans that are not skinless, remove the skins now.)
- Place the beans or chickpeas in blender and blend to a fine paste.
- Add the onion, parsley, egg, garlic, coriander, cumin, cayenne, baking soda, salt and pepper.
- Mix well in the blender.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and keep aside for 1\2 an hour.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer to medium high. drop carefully a tablespoon full of paste into the hot oil.
- Fry to a golden color, turning once or twice.
- Remove from oil with a slotted spoon and place on absorbent kitchen paper.
- Serve hot with tahini or wrapped inside pita bread with garlic chutney and lettuce.
This recipe was contributed by cnkk on 26 Apr 2005
Know more about this member, Click Here
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.