Five Sprouts Salad
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 87 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 32449 times
Pulses when sprouted are powerhouses of nutritional goodness and life energy.
- For the salad, soak all the pulses and the peanuts for at least 6 hours.
- Drain thoroughly and tie them in a piece of muslin cloth, then set aside for 24 hours until they start to sprout.
- Steam the sprouts until soft.
- Mix the boiled pulses and peanuts with the fruits, vegetables, salad leaves, spinach leaves, green chilli and salt. Mix well and chill.
- Just before serving, toss the salad and serve the dressing in a separate bowl.
- For the dressing, mix the yoghurt, mint leaves, sugar and salt. If you like, leave to chill.
- Goodness Guide :
- Sprouted pulses substantically increases their vitamin content.
- This salad contains Vitamins B Complex and C as well as protein and carbohydrates in abundance.
Nutrient values Per Serving :
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.