Five Grains Nutro
by Radha Hoizal
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4112 times
This is a dal which comprises of five grains and a vegetable which usually people dislike but by adding it makes the dal more tasty healthy and nutritious. This vegetable is none other than ridge gourd or turia. So enjoy!!!
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a kadha, add the 1/2 tsp mustard seeds, 1/2 tsp cumin seeds and when the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida, ginger-garlic paste, green chillies and saute for few seconds.
- Add the onions and saute till the onions turn pink in colour.
- Add the tomatoes, mix well and saute for 2 minutes.
- Now add the chana dal,toovar dal,chola dal,vaal,moong dal, mix well and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the salt and red chilli powder, mix well and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside.
- In another small kadhai, heat 2 tbsp oil and add the remaining 1/2 tsp of mustard seeds, 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds and broken red chillies.
- When the seeds crackle, pour this tempering on the prepared dal.
- Add the lemon juice and serve hot garnished with coriander leaves.
This recipe was contributed by Radha Hoizal on 14 Jun 2011Me an avid vegetarian.Born in Gujarath(Ahmedabad)to an orthodox kannada brahmin couple.Now settled i...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.