Filled Pitta Bread Sandwich
Added to 14 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14374 times
Always use low fat cheese as to cut down the calories
serve it accompanied by a green salad
- Preheat the grill
- Mix the chopped tomatoes capsicums and onion in a bowl.
- Add the tomato ketchup mixed herbs and season with salt and pepper
- Wet the pitta bread with a wet hand warm it in the grill on both sides
- Take them out and cut the top end off the pitta bread
- Fill the pitta bread with the mixture and also the green chillies if using them
- Top the mixture in each pitta bread with 1 tablespoon of cheese and put them all under the grill till the cheese melts.
- Serve hot with chilli sauce
This recipe was contributed by pghaghada on 11 Oct 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.