Fig and Apricot Cream Cheese ( Baby and Toddler)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 14 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10106 times
Babies by the time they are 7 months old tire of milk. To meet their calcium requirement cream cheese (or paneer as we know it), is an excellent source of concentrated energy, protein and calcium. This recipe almost fulfils your baby's daily requirements along with being a good source of vitamin a and c.
- Bring the milk to a boil and keep aside for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and stir the milk. If the milk does not curdle completely, add the other teaspoon of lemon juice and allow it to curdle completely. The whey should be transparent.
- Strain the solids through a muslin cloth, keeping the whey aside.
- Put the strained cream cheese in a blender and blend to make a smooth paste, adding more whey if you need to thin down the consistency of the cream cheese. Allow it to cool slightly.
- Add the pureed fig and apricots and sugar and blend again to a smooth puree. Serve immediately.
Nutrient values 0.25 cup
|Amt|| 238 gm|
|Energy|| 286 kcal|
|Protein|| 9.0 gm|
|CHO|| 22.1 gm|
|Fat|| 13.2 gm|
|Vit A|| 334.8 mcg|
|Vit C|| 10.3 mg|
|Calcium|| 446.2 mg|
|Iron|| 0.8 mg|
|F Acid|| 11.2 mcg|
|Fibre|| 0.7 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.