Fenugreek Drumstick Leaves Thoran
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 17344 times
Fenugreek drumstick leaves thoran is a unique dal recipe with tuar dal mixed with drumsticks leaves and other vegetables. Serve the delicious drumstick thoran with steamed rice.
- Clean and remove the drumstick leaves from the stem.
- Cook tur dal till just done.one whistle in the pressure cooker.
- Heat oil in a pan
- Add mustard seeds and broken red chili and when they crackle add 3 small onions chopped. when it is sauted add drumstick leaves and germinated fenugreek seeds . cover and cook. sprinkle some water if necessary. when done add tur dal cooked.
- Combine coconut scraped, 3 small onions (optional) green chilli and turmeric powder in a mix without adding water for 1 sec. masala should be dry and just crushed.
- Open the lid make a well in the centre of the leaves and dal and put the masala and cover with the leaves. add curry leaves. let it steam for 2 -3 mts and stir till coconut is well coated on the leaves and dal.
- Serve hot with white rice topped with ghee.
This recipe was contributed by rosethomas on 20 Dec 2005
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.