Farali Kofta Curry
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14452 times
A delectable farali kofta recipe cooked in a spicy onion tomato based gravy. The koftas are made from mashed boiled potatoes which are coated with rajgirha flour and then deep fried before simmering in the curry.
- Combine the potatoes, green chillies, ginger, coriander, cumin seeds powder and lemon juice and salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into small equal portions and roll them into small oval shaped koftas.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, roll into rajgira flour and deep fry till golden brown and crisp from all the sides.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Chop the tomatoes roughly, add the cashewnuts, chilli powder, green chillies and 1 cup curds and salt and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and add the cumin seeds and curry leaves.
- When the seeds crackle, add the ginger and saute for 10 seconds.
- Add the tomato puree and saute for 10 minutes.
- Add 2 tsp milk powder and saute for more 5 minutes.
- Just before serving, pour the gravy over the koftas.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by prashi on 30 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.