This recipe has been viewed 3688 times
Namkeens eaten in fasts can be made in various ways. You can use peanuts and sago (sabudana) to make namkeen. You can add any kind of dry fruits as per your taste and preference into it to enhance its taste. Just prepare the namkeen one day and eat it for all 9 days of the fasting. I am sure you will definitely like it.
- In a deep bowl mix sago and 2 tsp water, mix well and keep aside for 10 minutes to moisten the sago.
- Heat 1 cup of oil in a pan. Lower the flame, add little sago at a time and stir the mixture with a ladle and let the sago rise. If the sago splutters as it bloats up after rising then you can cover the pan with a plate for a while. Drain the fried sago and place on an absorbent paper.
- Once the sago is done, fry the peanuts in the same oil and fry them on low flame. Stir them continuously till they turn light brown in colour. It would take 3-4 minutes to fry the peanuts properly. Drain and keep aside.
- Fry the almonds and coconut also in the oil. Drain and keep aside.
- Mix all the fried ingredients, add ground saindha salt and black pepper into the mixture and mix well.
- Cool and store in an air-tight container and use as required.
This recipe was contributed by sbhatter05 on 21 Oct 2015I like cooking very much
Know more about this member, Click Here
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.