by Tarla Dalal
Added to 14 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7930 times
Lovely cooking pastries, filled with creamy custard, for special parties.
- Roll out the pastry dough on a lightly floured board to about 6 mm. (1/4") thickness.
- Stamp out into 65 mm. (2 1/2") diameter rounds with a cutter.
- Press the rounds in an ungreased muffin tin. Prick with a fork all over.
- Bake in a hot oven at 450°F for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cool the pastry rounds.
- Cut the cake into thin rounds about 50 mm. (2") diameter.
- Fill the pastries with the custard sauce and put the cake rounds on top.
- Slice the peaches. Keep aside the syrup.
- Sprinkle a little peach syrup over the cake.
- Arrange the fruit decoratively over the cake.
- Dissolve the jelly in 1 1/2 teacups of boiling water.
- Put the vessel containing the jelly in a larger vessel filled with ice-cubes and go on stirring all the time. When it is quite thick, spread over the fruit.
- Put to set in the freezer compartment of a refrigerator.
- Serve cold.
- VARIATION : FANCY PASTRY (EGGLESS)
- Proceed as above using eggless sponge cake instead of fatless sponge cake.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.