Falooda ( Mumbai Roadside Recipes )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 74 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 211149 times
Falooda is a dessert, if you look at it technically, but practically it is an any-time snack! This exciting combination of sweetened rose-flavoured milk with falooda sev, subza seeds, vanilla ice-cream and all the works is a delicacy that appeals to all. It is quite sumptuous and satiating, and you will often find people stopping by at a roadside vendor to have a glassful of Falooda to keep them comfortably going till the next meal. Indeed, what a tasty way to chase hunger away!
- Combine the milk and sugar in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Keep this sweetened milk aside to cool slightly and refrigerate for atleast 1 hour or till it is chilled.
- Pour 1½ tbsp of rose syrup in a tall glass, add the 1½ tbsp of falooda seeds, ¼ cup falooda sev and ¼ cup of jelly cubes over it.
- Pour ¾ cup of the chilled sweetened milk over it and top with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 3 more glasses.
- Serve immediately garnished with a few drops of rose syrup.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per glass
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.