Falafel Burger ( Burgers and Smoothies Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 51 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19059 times
Explore the delights of international cuisines with this wonderful Lebanese burger recipe that features kabuli chana cutlet, and is served with tabbouleh.
The bread slice, although used only meagrely is very important to bind the cutlet, while the garlic and mint leaves make these cutlets very flavourful.
What is more, the falafel burger features a tasty and colourful vegetable spread, which adds crunch to every mouthful.
You can also try your hand at other burgers Spicy Paneer Burger and Chinese Burger .
- Combine the plain flour and water in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Soak the kabuli chana in enough water in a bowl overnight. Drain well.
- Combine all the ingredients and blend in a mixer to a coarse mixture using 2 tbsp of water.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl, divide it into 4 equal portions and shape each portion into a circle of 75 mm. (3”) diameter and 1 cm thickness.
- Dip each cutlet in the plain flour mixture and roll in the bread crumbs till it is evenly coated from all the sides.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry each cutlet till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Cut each burger bun horizontally into two. Apply ½ tsp of butter on the insides of each half of the burger bun and toast them lightly on a tava (griddle). Keep aside.
- Place a lower half of the bun on a clean, dry surface with the buttered side facing up.
- Place a lettuce leaf, 1 cheese slice, 2 cucumber slices, 2 tomato slices and 1 onion slice and sprinkle a little salt and pepper over it.
- Place a cutlet and apply 2 tbsp of the vegetable spread over it.
- Cover with an upper half of the bun with the buttered side facing down and press it lightly.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more burgers.
- Serve immediately with tabbouleh.
- ¾ cups of curds when tied in a muslin cloth and hanged for at least ½ hour gives approx. 1/3 cup of hung curds.
Nutrient values per burger
|Vitamin A||831.2 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B3||3.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||27.6 mg|
|Folic Acid||124.1 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.