Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12979 times
A simple way of preparing tasty and soft falafel ,pita breads at home. The falafel can be filled with any sauce of choice as spread and sprouts, chicken or veggies as filling. Find many bread recipe, sandwich recipe, pita pockets recipe, falafel recipe at tarladalal.com
- Soak the chick peas overnight in a plenty of water.
- Drain well and grind in a food processor, add onion and parsley and grind for few seconds more.
- Now add the remaining ingredients and mix well. keep this mixture in a refrigirator for 30 minutes.
- With the wet hands, shape a dessertspoonfull of the mixture into a patty 4cm round.
- Heat the oil and deep fry the falafels until golden brown. drain on kitchen paper.
- Sprinkle paprika lightly and serve.
- Falafels can also be used in sandwiches with a spread of sesame paste on bread slices followed by tomato slices and pickled (in vinager) the pieces of cucumber, beetroot and whole green chillies.
This recipe was contributed by madhuri_a1 on 18 May 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.