Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 5203 times
Fa1eto is another name of Yummy and mouthwatering gujarati kadhi recipe made from ripe and raw mangoes which makes a tangy, sweet kadhi served with boondi which is ideal for summer to be served with steamed rice or Chapatti.
- Add ripe mango pulp and green mango pulp in large bowl and whisk well till smooth.
- Add the buttermilk and whisk again.
- Add the gram flour and blend well so that no lumps remain.
- Add sufficient water to get the right pouring consistency.
- Heat the oil in a non stick pan, add mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds when the seeds crackles add asafetida, curry leaves and green chillies
- Add this tempering to kadhi.
- Mix well and cook on medium flame for 2 minutes. Add the salt and stir well. Cook till the mixture thickens.
- Serve hot with steamed rice or padwali rotli(Chapatti).
- If you want you can prepare fajeto using ripe mango pulp only,instead of using ripe as well as raw mangom pulp.
- If you like boondi,You can serve kadhi with boondi also.Place the boondi in a serving bowl,Pour the kadhi over it and serve hot with steamed rice or padwali rotli(Chapatti).
This recipe was contributed by LOPA SHAH on 09 May 2011Hi
I,am LOPA staying at Vile Parle with my parents.By profession I'am an Advocate.I like music,watc...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.