Fafda Recipe, Gujarati Fafda, Crispy Besan Snack
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5871 times
Fafda is a traditional Gujarati snack, which is kind of like a test of one’s cooking skills! This crispy besan snack requires a lot of practice, and once you master the art, it shows your culinary prowess.
You need to shape and loosen the dough tactfully, and also have to fry the Fafda on a medium flame. Otherwise, it will remain soft and not become crispy and golden brown like we need them.
However, Fafda is completely worth the effort and time you spend, and the outcome will be much appreciated by everybody apart from your own satisfaction and pride of biting into homemade Fafda!
You can also try other Gujarati dry snacks like Shakarpara and Masala Khakhra .
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Knead into a soft dough using enough water till smooth.
- Take a small portion of the dough and roll into a 50 mm. (2”) cylindrical roll in between your palms.
- Place the roll on one side of the chopping board or any flat surface and with the base of your palm press and stretch it vertically with light force from one end to the other to form a long strip.
- Loosen the strip gently with a sharp knife.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and deep-fry till it turns crispy but not brown. You can deep-fry 2 to 3 fafdas at a time. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Cool slightly and serve or store in an air-tight container and use as required.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||158.4 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0 mg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Folic Acid||0 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.