Fada ni Khichdi ( Lower Cholesterol)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 64 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 33728 times
A simply, wholesome, flavourful creation made of fibre-rich bulgur wheat, veggies and moong dal, the Fada ni Khichdi is a wonderfully tasty way to keep cholesterol levels under check.
Those wishing to lower
cholesterol or control their weight can switch from rice to broken wheat as it is rich in fibre.
Simple masalas and veggies combined with this healthy grain give you an awesome one-dish meal that tastes great with just curds. You can make it any day, for any meal!
Have a go at other recipes like Dal Moghlai or Spicy Oat Pancakes.
- Wash and soak the moong dal and bulgur wheat in a deep bowl with enough water for 15 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a pressure cooker, add the cinnamon, cloves, cumin seeds and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the onions and capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the dal, bulgur wheat and all the other ingredients and sauté on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add 4 cups hot water, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Serve hot with low-fat curds.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.