Fada Ni Khichadi ( Microwave)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 350 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22527 times
A traditional khichdi made easier using the microwave and tastier by adding crunchy veggies. A basket of assorted veggies adds a riot of colours and flavours to the khichdi while a selection of spices and everyday ingredients like ginger and green chillies used in the right proportions impart immense flavour to it. Serve the Fada ni Khichadi hot with a bowlful of fresh curds. Try to serve it immediately on cooking, as reheating might dry it a little.
- Clean, wash and soak the broken wheat with enough water in a deep bowl for 1 hour. Drain well and keep aside.
- Combine the oil, cumin seeds, asafoetida, cloves and cinnamon in a deep microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Add the broken wheat and all the vegetables, mix well and cover with a microwave safe lid and microwave on high for 1 minute, stirring once after 30 seconds.
- Add the ginger-green chilli paste, chilli powder, turmeric powder, garlic paste, salt and 2½ cups of water, mix well and again cover with a microwave safe lid and microwave on high for 13 minutes, stirring once after every 4 minutes.
- Add the coriander and mix well.
- Serve hot with curds.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||495.5 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||2.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||13.8 mg|
|Folic Acid||10.1 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.