Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4888 times
This south indian dish goes really well with rice and potato as side dish.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan, add the methi seeds, asafoetida, curry leaves and red chillies and saute for 1 minutes.
- Cool and blend in a mixer along with grated coconut into a fine paste. Keep aside.
- Heat 2 tsp coconut oil in a pan, add the madras onions and saute till they turn golden brown.
- Add 1 cup water, salt and turmeric powder, mix well and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the ground paste and enough water if required, mix well and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the sour curds, mix well and simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Season with mustard, methi seeds, curry leaves and red chilli in coconut oil.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by praksuj on 29 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.