English Bath Buns
This recipe has been viewed 4926 times
A step by step guide to prepare the English bath buns with all purpose flour, yeast, sugar and other ingredients. Nobody can beat the taste of the freshly baked English buns which come right out of the oven and land on your plates.
- Place warm water in large warm bowl.
- Sprinkle in yeast; stir until dissolved.
- Add warm milk, butter, 2 tablespoons sugar, salt, and 2 cups flour.
- Beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer.
- Add 2 eggs and 1/2 cup flour.
- Beat 2 minutes at high speed, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Stir in enough remaining flour to make soft dough.
- Knead on lightl punch dough down;
- Turn out onto lightly floured surface.
- Divide dough in 24 equal pieces.
- Shape each piece into smooth balls.
- Place in greased 2 1/2-inch muffin cups.
- Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 30 minutes
- Brush top with egg mixture.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup sugar and almonds over top.
- Bake at 375of for 20 minutes
This recipe was contributed by vbkhera99 on 14 Oct 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.