Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 17299 times
Before cutting the jackfruit, apply mustard oil on your hands, to avoid black color. The green unripe one is eaten as a vegetable is know as enchor.
- Cut the jackfruit into small pieces, remove the outer skin, seeds and the fibrous portion retaining only the fleshy portion.
- In a deep pan boil the fruit pieces in enough water for 10 minutes or till cooked.
- Drain and keep aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in non-stick kadhati, add the potatoes and cook till they turn soft and golden brown in colour.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside.
- In the same pan, heat the remaining oil and add the grounded masala paste, salt and sugar, mix well and saute, sprinkling water as required, until the masalas turn golden brown.
- Add 1 cup of water, mix well and add the boiled jack fruit and the potatoes, mix well and simmer for 5 minutes.
- In another pan ,heat the ghee, add the cumin seeds and bay leaves.
- When the seeds crackle, pour the tempering on the "enchor dalna" (jack fruit curry) and mix well.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by shrabani on 29 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.