Enchanting Carrot and Cucumber Candle Stand ( Vegetable and Fruit Carvings)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15168 times
Jazz up your candles with the brightness of carrots and cucumbers as uniquely styled stands.
Add your private note
Enchanting Carrot and Cucumber Candle Stand ( Vegetable and Fruit Carvings) recipe - How to make Enchanting Carrot and Cucumber Candle Stand ( Vegetable and Fruit Carvings)
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time: Total Time:
Makes 2 candle stands
1 thick and long carrot1 green cucumber
- Peel the carrots using a peeler. Using the serrated knife, beginning from the thicker side of the carrot, make straight marks till its tapering end. Continue the same around the whole circumference.
- Using a knife, trim the edges of the carrot from the either side as to get a smooth and even surface.
- With the same knife, trim the edge of the carrot from the thinner side so as to get a smooth and even surface. Ensure that the length of the carrot should be at least 4” and be almost even in width.
- Insert the spiral cutter in the centre of the thick side of the carrot.
- Insert the index finger in the hole of the spiral cutter and start moving it in a circular fashion in any one direction.
- Keep moving the spiral cutter in a little slant position each time you complete the circle so as to keep the carrot curls intact. Continue the same till the end of the carrot to get a long intact carrot curl.
- Join the two edges of the carrot curl and secure using a pin. Keep aside.
- Cut a small piece of cucumber (around 2 ½” in length).
- Trim off 1 to 1½ cm from the tapering end so as to make the cucumber stand on a flat surface.
- Starting from the broader end, make slits, using a knife so as to get a petal-like shape. Make 4 such dark green petals in all at equal distance.
- Hold the cucumber in one hand and the knife perpendicular to it. Leaving the slits intact, start scraping the peels in between the dark green petals and discard it. Make 4 light green petals in between the dark green petals.
- Using a knife, core out the centre portion as to make space for the candle.
- Place the cucumber in between the carrot curl.
- Place the candle in the cucumber and light it just before the party.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.