by Tarla Dalal
Added to 17 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13878 times
A gorgeous shining salad which makes a perfect party centerpiece.
- For the salad
- Dissolve the jelly in 3 teacups of boiling water.
- Cool a little and add the lemon juice, green colouring and salt.
- Cut 1 pineapple ring 4 quarter segments and keep aside. Chop the remaining pineapple slices very finely.
- Wet a ring mould tin and pour a little jelly mixture, arrange quarters of the pineapple ring decoratively at the base and put to set in the refrigerator.
- Add the grapes, chopped pineapple and celery to the remaining jelly mixture.
- Pour this mixture over the set jelly and put to set in the refrigerator.
- Keep the cabbage and celery in ice-cold water for 30 minutes and drain.
- Add the grapes, salt, pepper and sugar.
- Just before serving, dip the mould in hot water for few seconds, loosen the sides and unmould in the centre of a plate. Surround the jelly with the cabbage, celery, grape mixture and also fill this mixture in the center.
- Chop the lettuce leaves and make a border.
- Serve cold with plenty of salad cream.
- Note : Instead of serving salad cream separately, you can also mix 1 teacup of salad cream with cabbage, celery, grape garnish.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.