Elo Jhelo Nimki
by Motions and Emotions
This recipe has been viewed 1786 times
Elo Jhelo Nimki a popular Bengali snack that is prepared during festivites, it is a salty-sweet snack made using maida and deep fried in oil.
- Combine plain flour, 3 tbsp oil, nigella seeds, salt and sugar in a deep bowl and knead into a semi stiff dough.
- Divide the dough into equal portions and roll like a chapati.
- With a sharp knife make 1 cm wide parallel slits in the centre of the chapati.Leaving 1 cm off the edge.
- Now hold both the ends and give a twist to those cuts and lock both the edges by pressing with your fingers.
- Repeat the above step for the remaining dough.
- Heat oil in a deep kadhai and fry the elo jhelos on a medium flame till golden brown.
- Store them in air tight container and use as required.
- For my convenience, I cut the rolled chapati into half and made 2 elo jhelo from 1 chapati. Normally, people prepare one elo jhelo from one chapati.
This recipe was contributed by Motions and Emotions on 26 Nov 2015I am a medical writer by profession and love to do experiment with food. My passion of writing and...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.